posted Oct 4, 2015, 12:22 AM by Adrian Brightmoore
updated Oct 5, 2015, 5:27 AM
The Blockworks build is very impressive and worth exploration on its own, with in-game images of frescos from Italian Villas on the walls. The "game" has the player placing pre-fabricated walls/pillars/windows/statues around in Creative mode so you can create your own classic-style buildings quickly with most of the heavy lifting done easily. As a bonus there are sample floorplans and a dedicated build area where you can lay out your masterpiece, then go exploring the Blockworks' crafted Italian hillsides.
- Try washing in the fountain if you feel walking around is a bit slow. That cool water might just wake you up!
- If you want to start your build all over again then there is a big red delete button under a statue that will erase all your hard work, once you confirm the decision.
- The game works at all render distances, but the floorplan feature and delete feature need 12 Chunk render distance. You can change the chunk distance to a smaller size while building if performance is a problem for you and adjust it only when needed..
- Hover over the spawn eggs to see what they do.
- Stairs can be tricky to place - try to stand back 5 blocks. They are placed with their centre on the block you spawn them on. Use UNDO squid until you get the hang of it.
- Multiplayer may make UNDO unreliable - the last person to place a component will only be able to UNDO. Play Single Player for the best experience, and invite your friends in to look at your creation afterwards (leave them in Spectator Mode to prevent griefing!). Team building works great if one player places the building and friends touch up details using standard Creative mode.
- There are some more tips and hints for making roofs and custom components on my Twitter - @abrightmoore
Have fun building your masterpiece, and remember to post a picture of your building to Social Media with the tag #PalladianMinecraft
. Blockworks and RIBA will each select their favourite one!