[This modification changes the world generation and can be destructive to existing worlds. Proceed at your own risk. I am not able to offer support or assistance with problems this modification may cause. If you can copy and rename files you should have no problem, but as I cannot be sure of your skills I make absolutely no warranty with respect to this code]
version 2 has a powered railway running from -29,999,999 to 29,999,999 for you to ride, if you have the patience!
This is a modification to the Minecraft world generation. It allows you to explore the Mandelbrot Set from within! You can explore through teleporting, walking or flying. Thanks to @Codewarrior0
for assistance with the world generation.
To install on Minecraft v1.8 on Windows:
- Start the Launcher
- Edit Profile
- Choose Use version 1.8
- Save Profile
- Play. This downloads the version 1.8 game. You are now ready to install the modification. Exit Minecraft and exit the Launcher.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to %AppData%\.minecraft\versions\
- Rename the directory "1.8" to "1.8.Minedelbrot"
- In that directory, rename the file "1.8.jar" to be "1.8.Minedelbrot.jar.zip"
- In that directory, rename the file "1.8.json" to be "1.8.Minedelbrot.json"
- In the file "1.8.Minedelbrot.json" change the id entry from "1.8.jar" to "1.8.Minedelbrot.jar". Save this change.
- Download the file below called 'bgv.class'
- Copy (or drag and drop) the 'bgv.class' into the archive "1.8.Minedelbrot.jar.zip"
- Delete the directory "META-INF" and its contents from "1.8.Minedelbrot.jar.zip"
- Rename "1.8.Minedelbrot.jar.zip" to "1.8.Minedelbrot.jar"
- Start the Minecraft launcher, Edit Profile, and select Use version "1.8.Minedelbrot"
- Play the game and create a new Creative world.
- You will start on a black wool plain. To start exploring, teleport to x=-17000000 y=200 z=0
- Tap the "T" key to type, then type
- /tp -17000000 200 0
- Share any screenshots of interesting features on Twitter using the hashtag #Minedelbrot, and tag @abrightmoore